If you could create a painless, inexpensive cure for a single ailment, what would you cure and why?
Osgood Slaughter. Might seem a little selfish, since I have it, but honestly I had never even heard of it before I got it.
It’s something that very active teens (mostly boys) get.
When I first got it it hurt just to stand, walk, or even sit for too long. It hurt so much! Yet all the doctor’s said that helps it is R.I.C.E- Rest, ice, compress, and elevate- which sure it would help for a little while but then the pain would be back.
Once you get Osgood Slaughter, you have it for the rest of your life too.
My knees had started feeling a little better, but when I got pregnant if I walked or stood for too long, I could feel it in my knees. I also have to be careful so they don’t swell too much either.
I wonder sometimes, how it really effects other teens and young adults out there, I mean I didn’t play sports on a daily basis like some do and just running for a little while would make it to where sometimes I could barley walk. What if there are people out there who have to give up their dream in a sport because of this?
- A Simple Cure for the Daily Prompt (misifusa.wordpress.com)
- DP Daily Prompt : Placebo Effect post by Ranu (sabethville.wordpress.com)
- Daily writing prompt for Nov3…The placebo effect (andiwith.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect (inkhammer.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt #2: Placebo Effect (ameerawrites.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Health (maraeastern.wordpress.com)