“It’s time for you and Writer’s Block to part ways. Write a letter breaking up with Writer’s Block, starting out with, “Dear Writer’s Block, it’s not you, it’s me …”
Dear Writer’s Block-
It’s not you its me…ohh who am I kidding?! It maybe both of us but it’s mostly you! I just can’t take not being able to listen and talk to my crazy weird friends…even if they are just in my head. And yes I know you give me my space sometimes but lets be realistic-it was always at the wrong times, for example like right when I’m about to go to sleep. I really like my sleep, thank you very much. Also I like to be able to explore new ideas and pretend I’m fighting off bad guys with my Hero (or Heroin), taking a walk down a sand beach by the ocean at sunset, riding a horse through a field, or maybe just to gossip with all the Characters from my books about their different lives.
I like being able to write something from off the top of my head without having to think about it for hours on end. I mean seriously, all you let me do it stare are a blank screen, it sucks! I try writing/typing something and all the comes out is gibberish, it’s so bad sometimes it’s almost tormenting!
I’m just not like you, I can’t just sit there and be content with a quiet mind and think of nothing but sunshine and rainbows all day, I need to have some weird or stupid fight, crime, love scene, kiss, killing, rescuing, something playing out in my mind so I can write it down.
Yes I know sometimes you’re nice and give me a scene or two, when I’m least expecting to get one, but by the time I get to a paper and pen or the computer you take it away and I can’t remember. And honestly I like sharing (and remembering) things (selfishness is…well lets just say its not the best thing to have in a relationship).
I’m sorry to have held on for so long, I know I should’ve done this way sooner!
Someday you’ll find your match, and she’ll love to keep her mind blank and free, and when you do I wish you both the best of Luck.
Not going to miss you at all…ok ok, I probably will at night when I’m trying to sleep and my brain won’t shut off, but other then that-sorry not gonna miss you one single bit-
- Breaking Up With Writer’s Block (crowarrowinc.wordpress.com)
- Dear Writer’s Block… (meganmcfarlin.wordpress.com)
- Writer’s Block: The break up. (garjar.wordpress.com)
- Dear Writer’s Block – (Prompted by Writer’s Digest) (easterellen.wordpress.com)
- An Interview with Writer’s Block (janmorrill.wordpress.com)
- Writing Prompt Boot Camp (I): Breaking Up With Writer’s Block (welltuncares.wordpress.com)
- Breaking up with B. (lifeisaseriesofbreakthroughs.wordpress.com)
- Breaking Up with Writer’s Block (somewaytosomewhere.wordpress.com)
- Dear Writer’s Block (brandiroberts.wordpress.com)